Post Judgment Modifications Enforcements "I act as a trusted advocate to help ensure you and your children's best interests are protected." - Antonio Jimenez

Modification & Enforcement Attorney in Miami

Changing & Upholding Divorce or Family Law Agreements

When a divorce is finalized, it can bring a sense of relief to both former spouses. The details have been negotiated, and all that is left is just to start a new chapter as laid out by the divorce agreement. As with anything else, however, change is inevitable, and there are times when the divorce judgment may no longer be appropriate for all those involved, including children. In those cases, it can be possible to change the terms of a divorce with post-judgment modifications.

As an experienced Miami modification and enforcement attorney, I look forward to protecting your best interests. Call Jimenez Legal PA today at (786) 220-0730.

What Is a Post-Judgment Modification?

A post-judgment modification refers to a permanent action of the court that changes a term of a previous judgment. These modifications can apply to virtually any aspect of a divorce (as well as paternity cases), but they are commonly associated with:

The burden in these cases is on the ex-spouse seeking the change. He or she must show there is a reason to modify the court’s earlier decision. In Florida, the courts require two main elements for a modification to an agreement regarding children.

These are:

  • A significant and unanticipated change in the situation has occurred since the final judgment in the divorce.
  • A modification is in the best interest of the children.

Common Reasons to Seek a Post-Judgment Modification

As life goes on and things change, it’s natural to want to seek a change to a divorce or parenting plan agreement modification. There are many reasons that may prompt a modification.

Some of the most common include:

  • A former spouse moves out of state.
  • A former spouse remarries.
  • A former spouse loses a job or begins a new job.
  • A child’s needs change physically or emotionally.
  • A former spouse’s health deteriorates through illness or addiction.

Enforcing the Judgment of the Court

Additionally, there are times when one ex-spouse refuses to follow the terms of the judgment. He or she may not pay child support, refuse to sign over property, or ignore rules of visitation. In those frustrating cases, the court can compel the ex-spouse to comply. It may, however, require a return to court to identify the issues and prompt the change.

Speak with Me Today

If you have experienced a change in your marital settlement agreement or paternity agreement and you want to modify your legal judgment (or enforce it), I may be able to help. As a modification and enforcement lawyer located in Miami, I have extensive experience handling cases just like yours.

Contact me today to schedule your in-depth, one-hour consultation.

Why Work With Jimenez Legal PA?

  • Focused Practice

    My practice is entirely focused on divorce and family law, and I understand the significant impact these cases can have on your future. I am dedicated to providing highly personalized and compassionate service that helps every client meet their unique goals.

  • Proven Results

    When it comes to the quality of my service, you do not need to take my word for it. Check out the testimonials and the results I have obtained for those in similar situations on my client testimonial page.

  • Dedication to Success

    With so much on the line, you can trust me not to back down when defending your rights. My experience in litigating more than 25 different jury trials and hundreds of contested court hearings is evidence of my determination to fight on your behalf.

  • Personalized Attention

    I take a personalized approach to each client's case. I am always available to answer your questions, and I make a point of providing regular, detailed updates on your case and how it is progressing. I will be the only attorney working on your case.

Antonio G. Jimenez

Antonio is an experienced divorce and family lawyer who has been providing high quality, highly effective legal representation to clients for over a decade.

Schedule a Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.